The margin of excellence you see here at Western is supported, in significant part, through the generous donations that individuals provide.
And it is through President’s Society members that we receive our core support for programs that enhance the Western experience.
For nearly 30 years, the President’s Society has been Western Washington University’s single largest source of continuous private support.
Gifts from President’s Society members encourage diverse thought, dynamic interaction and creativity among faculty and students.
These private funds create opportunities for our students and faculty that allow them to reach beyond the status quo and explore new ideas and
experiences, opportunities that may not be available through state funding.
I invite you to join the President’s Society and discover first hand how you can make a big difference in the lives of students.
- Bruce Shepard, President
How President’s Society Gifts Help
Gifts from President’s Society members support projects campus wide: annual scholarship dollars to benefit students studying a particular discipline; program support for an academic department; funds for Viking Athletics to help student-athletes excel in their sport and in the classroom; unrestricted support for the Campus Enrichment Fund which funds immediate needs and encourages innovation among faculty, staff and students; or funding for the library, a student society or the arts. Whatever the choice, President’s Society members make a significant and lasting impression at Western.
Here are just a few examples of areas you can support with your gift:
Academic Departments and Colleges
Varsity Athletic Teams
AS Clubs and Club Sports
Ethnic Student Center
Office of Sustainability
...and the list goes on
Benefits of Membership
- Young Associate $750 annually for those 39 years of age or younger
- Annual Member $1,000 to $4,999 annually
- Honor Council $5,000 or more annually
- Life Member Recognizes those whose cumulative commitments total $25,000 to $99,999
- Benefactor Recognizes those whose cumulative commitments total $100,000 or more
- Corporate matching gifts are offered by many employers and may be applied toward gift recognition
You are invited to join the hundreds of members whose generosity is vital to the continued success of Western Washington University. President Bruce Shepard and the WWU Foundation staff would be pleased to welcome you into the President’s Society and encourage your active participation in the life of Western Washington University.
- Printed recognition in the WWU President’s Report and Honor Roll of Donors
- A courtesy campus parking permit allowing free parking privileges
- Invitations to attend special University events and functions hosted by President Bruce Shepard
- User privileges at the Wilson Library
For more information on the President’s Society, please contact: